Good Friday! I’ll (hopefully) be spending tonight working on my senior capstone project. I usually give myself a break from schoolwork on Fridays, but I don’t think that would be a wise decision this weekend as my presentation is on Monday, and I’ve made very little progress so far. 😦
I am more than ready for this semester to be OVER. The last few days have drained me of every last ounce of energy left in my body. I have zero motivation to study for finals, or do anything else, for that matter. Because I haven’t spent much quality time with my pillow, and have pretty much subsisted on just coffee, oatmeal, and fries this week, I don’t feel great physically, and my mood is very “blah.”
I don’t even have any desire to bake! Yoon asked me to help him bake something for a class project, and normally I would have been super enthusiastic, but I just felt overwhelmed. Thankfully, I found this really cute, quick and easy recipe for ice cream cone cupcakes!
They’re made with boxed cake mix and canned frosting, which I haven’t used in years, but since I was so pressed for time, I was totally on board with it. Crafty baking projects are not my speciality, but these ice cream cone cupcakes were so simple to make that even I couldn’t mess them up! 🙂
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Source: Fake Ginger
- 1 box cake mix (any flavor) + all ingredients the box calls for (I used Funfetti)
- 24 cake cones
- 1 can frosting (any flavor – I used both chocolate and vanilla)
- sprinkles, for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place paper liners in 24 regular-sized muffin cups.
2. Make cake batter according to directions on box, and divide evenly among prepared muffin cups. (Muffin cups should be about 2/3 full of batter). Place ice cream cone upside down on batter in each cup.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. (Cones may tilt slightly on batter). Cool completely, then remove liners from cupcakes.
4. Generously frost cupcakes with frosting and decorate with sprinkles. Store loosely covered.