Have I mentioned how much I adore my food processor? Well, I do. I just love how it can pulverize food to tiny little bits in a matter of seconds, and it makes whipping up scone dough and pie crusts a breeze! I also use my food processor for smoothies, nut butters, pureed soups, hummus, and oat flour. It’s SO useful!
The best part is that I got my food processor for FREE! Last year, my friend Robert somehow ended up winning two of the same exact food processor, and he offered to give me one! It is now my most frequently used kitchen appliance, and I can’t imagine living without it. I use my food processor AT LEAST every other day.
I was thinking of using it to make another batch of homemade larabars yesterday afternoon, but was in the mood for something a little different. Instead of using chocolate chips and vanilla extract for cookie dough flavor, I used orange zest and ginger for some brightness and spice. Delicious!!
Also, just for fun, I used a mold to form the mixture into little stars. So cute, right? But then I got lazy and just rolled the rest of the dough into balls! 🙂
Here are some of my other favorite food processor recipes:
Orange Ginger Date Bites
Source: adapted from the edible perspective
- 1 cup almond meal (or ground almonds)
- 2/3 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice
1. Place dates in a food processor and process to a paste.
2. Add almond meal, ginger, and orange zest to date paste and pulse until combined.
3. Sprinkle orange juice over mixture and pulse a few more times. Mixture should hold together when pinched.
4. Form mixture into 1-inch balls, or desired shape. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.